If you are a C-level business executive or business manager wishing to understand what your business framework looks like, COBIT 5 certification can come handy. The certification program was launched in 2012 and is a great platform to maximize the information’s value. It incorporates latest thinking towards management techniques and enterprise governance, plus provides principles, analytical tools, models, and practices that are accepted worldwide to help in increasing your trust in value systems.
COBIT is an IT support framework created by ISACA in governance and management whose acronym is Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology. If you want to learn the significance of how a framework can enhance business value, you should definitely look into the ISACA’s framework and decode how COBIT 5 does the business of covering end-to-end the IT domain. This helps you effectively manage and govern the IT business. The COBIT 5 certification is developed for any person who seeks to receive foundation-level knowledge in IT that is both example-driven and logical.
The foundation level certification works on the following topics:
- How to put COBIT in practical situation application
- What are the components and framework of this certification
- The functions within COBIT and the benefits of using it
- Comparison of how COBIT gets used with reference to other IT Certification standards
- The best practices used in COBIT to meet the requirements within a given framework of IT governance
- Why do we need one effective framework in governing enterprise IT
- How the issues related to IT management impacts organizations
The COBIT 5 training has been specially designed for people who are in the top management levels. People who are at the senior levels like, CEOs, CIOS, CSOS- all those who develop the IT services’ strategic delivery should be doing this training program. Also, business leaders, project managers, professionals in service delivery, teams at service desk and quality analysts, anybody who wishes to pursue a career in corporate governance should look up for this training. Those IT managers who are working on IT service delivery, risk and compliance managers, and consultants who are into advising clients on IT governance implementation should also look to train in this curriculum.
Functionality of COBIT 5 and benefits
COBIT 5 helps you receive ISACA’S guidance about the management of IT and enterprise governance. The reason behind developing this training program was to:
1. Enable more stakeholders have a say in identifying what they are expecting from IT and related technology. The stakeholders with the help of this training program can understand what they can expect out of a system at what cost and how much risk they would have to undertake for the same. They can now figure out what are their priorities and ensure that their expected figures are getting delivered.
2. Moreover, there are different kinds of stakeholders- some looking for long-term sustainability while other short-term returns. There are some who are readily accepting high risk while some who are not. All these divergent expectations can become conflicting and overwhelming at times and need effective handling. COBIT 5 helps mitigate all these issues and further help the stakeholders involve more deeply but also provide high level of transparency regarding how these issues would be handled and the process using which results would be achieved.
3. COBIT 5 training also addresses the issue of how enterprises are increasingly becoming dependent on IT parties and external businesses for their success. These businesses could be cloud service providers, clients, consultants, and suppliers. The certification also helps to monitor how a several types of internal mechanisms and means are making enterprises depend on delivering the expected value.
4. One of most challenging issues today is to deal with a huge amount of information, something which is increasing significantly. Enterprises are finding it immensely challenging to select credible plus relevant information that would deliver efficient and effective business decisions. Moreover, one needs to manage information effectively so that one can deliver the expected value. Leveraging the curriculum and the materials of COBIT 5 certification can actually help overcome the said challenges to a great measure.
5. The IT infrastructure actually remains highly pervasive, as it is becoming more and more integral part of the business. The scenario with IT is such today that it is often not helpful having IT as a separate entity even when it is aligned with the business. Today, it is an integral component within business projects, skills, risk management, organizational structures, policies, and much more. The CIO’s role in IT is becoming more important day by day. More people are learning IT Skills and will soon be involved within IT operations and decisions soon. To better integrate the IT business, something which will be an important requirement soon, COBIT 5 training is necessary.
The rise of IT in enterprises has led many organizations to look for means in training their IT heads. COBIT 5 would enable them to cope better with the demanding IT Infrastructure today. This is one program that can enable enterprises gather better mobility and gain agility in business within IT governance and management.